Adapts to your skills: Set a tempo to start with, grab your instrument and start playing. Speed Upp will listen and react depending how precise you hit the beats. The tempo will increase until you start making too many mistakes, then slows down and tries again after a while. As you play along and challenge yourself, you will definitely see your results improving.
Play along: Train your precision and speed by following the tempo which changes according to on-screen graph. You can use the built-in best-practice graph designed for optimal learning curve or use your own ideas by drawing a line with mouse.
Save your presets
Save custom presets including graph, beats per column and target tempo.
Be informed about the time remaining to the end of the drill.
Windowed and full-screen
You can switch to full-screen mode for distraction free experience.
Higher and lower pitch clicks let you know when tempo changes.
Choose your sound
Use carefully selected built-in sounds or use your own .wav/.aiff file.
Check out what others are saying:
Free and paid
Free Lite version is fully functional and perfect for beginners offering speeds up to 100 bpm. Paid version adds custom presets and higher speeds.
Mac: Intel machine running OS X 10.5 or later, and 1 GB RAM.
Windows: XP, Vista, 7 or 8 machine with a Pentium 4® or Celeron® compatible processor or higher and 1 GB RAM.
|Spacebar||Play / pause.|
|Enter||Play from beginning.|
|M||Change between Adaptive and Graph modes.|
|Up / Down||Change tempo up / down by 5 bpm.|
|1 .. 6||Load preset in Graph mode. Shift-click preset numbers to save.|
|0||Load default tempo graph in Graph mode.|
|Left / Right||Previous / next column in Graph mode.|
|Esc / F||Switch between normal and fullscreen mode.|
2.1 / 02 January 2014
- New Adaptive mode in addition to Graph mode in previous versions.
- Support for OS X Mavericks and Windows 8.
- Numerous small tweaks and fixes.
1.3 / 21 July 2013
- You can now choose between three built-in metronome sounds: wood block, snare drum and cowbell. In addition, you can use your own sound file in .wav or .aiff format.
- Bugfix: the sound accents indicating tempo going slower or faster triggered incorrectly.
- Bugfix: volume level was not saved.
1.2 / 11 July 2013
- Volume level is now saved on quit.
- Application window is restored to last used position.
- Several visual polishes.
0.6 / 15 April 2013
- First release for Windows.
- Better graphics for full-screen button.
- No more nagging about limitations in Lite version.
- Bugfix: playback started from second bar after loading a preset.
0.5 / 06 April 2013
- Initial release.